August 24, 2016 Asha & Shahed, California GeoTours Southern Africa – 2016 This is the fifth trip we have taken with Sophie, Suzan and Matt Ebiner. All have been singularly enjoyable. The specifics that I note below are really applicable to all the trips that we have taken with them. Repeat customers: It is a testimony […]
August 24, 2016
GeoTours Southern Africa 2016
Asha & Shahed, California
This is the fifth trip we have taken with Sophie, Suzan and Matt Ebiner. All have been singularly enjoyable. The specifics that I note below are really applicable to all the trips that we have taken with them.
- Repeat customers: It is a testimony to Matt’s thoughtful work that there are so many repeat customers in his group. On this trip there was only one “first timer” and half-way through the trip I asked him if this was his first time with Matt. His response, “Yes, and it won’t be the last”.
- Group harmony: We have been on trips with as many as 25+ to as few as 10-. In all cases, the group gels together, people are mindful of each other, on time, sharing and caring. Mishaps (rare, but yes, they happen) like lost luggage are cheerfully accommodated.
- Pace balance: It is surprising that Matt manages to balance the needs of high energy as well as sedate/contented participants. People have the opportunity to sit back and enjoy or throw themselves fully into activity. Participants don’t feel constrained, pushed or rushed.
- Special needs: Matt has been very mindful of our dietary needs (vegetarian) and thoughtful in many other ways.
- Itinerary balance: Natural (desert, dunes, rocks, coastline, wildlfie, rivers, waterfalls), historic, local and cultural features are nicely balanced with an adequate dose of shopping and culinary opportunities.
- Cost balance: All I can say is that his overhead must be zero. It is always clear on what is included and what is extra. There is no bait. Everything is up front on costs and on the itinerary.
- Local guides: Matt has good relationships with local guides, drivers and like his tour participants, many of them are also “repeat providers”. This makes for a pleasant experience for his participants.
This was our fifth and NOT our last trip with Sophie/Suzan/Matt.
Asha and Shahed.